Horrid Henry's Birthday Bonanza
15 March 2015
Horrid Henry's Birthday Bonanza is the thirtieth episode in Series 4 and the 186th episode overall. The episode received positive reviews for its story, messages and song, and is considered to be one of the better Series 4 episodes.
Peter has the perfect birthday present for Henry, but for some reason, Henry doesn't want to know. Henry is also very sad about turning 12 years old!
The episode starts at the house with Fluffy peeking out of the bins and crawling into the kitty door. Peter talks to the audience about his surprise for Henry. He goes into Henry's bedroom and wakes him up and activates the popper. Peter says, 'Happy Birthday' to Henry with confetti hiding his hair. Henry realised it's his birthday, and he screams, 'Noooo!!!', opening the title card.
Peter is in the kitchen, disappointed about Henry not enjoying his surprise, but he did have a funny look much to Mum's suspicion. Peter looks for a present, which is a cleaning item for Henry to wash up the dishes. Henry gets changed but not in a good mood. He does say he's pleased about the presents.
Henry soon explains to the audience about the downside that he is getting one year older to going to work and getting married to clearly Margaret, and life is not always better getting bigger. Peter comes in with a scrapbook with all the times with Henry as a baby. Henry is still disappointed about being old until he sees a picture with pancakes in which he and Peter eat on his birthday. Peter says he preferred a chocolate banana a la mode.
Henry wants to know if Mum is making pancakes. Peter does not know and tells Henry to find out. Henry is very depressed, and Peter shows that the bad news is time flying, and the good news is Henry is the pilot. Henry asks Peter where he got the lines. Peter tells Henry he is the master of his particular destiny and tells him to get up and be a man. Henry still does not understand what Peter is saying and ignores him.
Henry smells pancakes and goes downstairs and eats. Peter goes and sings the song. Henry does not care, but he soon sees his family singing it and his friends. He hears the doorbell and sees Yugo and Migo, who are party entertainers. Henry joins the song called It's Your Birthday Today, and everybody sings it together while doing the conga dance to the backyard.
Meanwhile, at the treehouse, Margaret comes out and is annoyed about Henry's birthday. As she says 'Bah, Humbug' and closes the door, the Purple Hand Gang sign is on it, ending the episode.
- Horrid Henry
- Perfect Peter
- Great Aunt Greta (mentioned)
- Rude Ralph
- Weepy William
- Anxious Andrew
- Greedy Graham
- Aerobic Al
- Beefy Bert
- Yugo and Migo (only appearance)
- Moody Margaret
- Brainy Brian (picture only)
- At the end of the episode, Margaret says, 'Bah! Humbug.'. This references Scrooge's line in A Christmas Carol.
- In Wikipedia, the title in the list of episodes is 'Horrid Henry's Big Birthday'.
- This is the sequel to Horrid Henry's Birthday.
- Henry appears to be a calm baby until Peter arrived. This explains why Henry does not appear to like Peter very much due to envy.
- Costumes like Old Henry, Brave Blackheart, and Dark Avenger appear in the scrapbook.
- Peter mentions Micheal Altshuler's quote: 'The bad news is, that time flies, but the good news is, you are the pilot'.
- This episode is a crossover of The Fimbles when Yugo and Migo appear, and the 'Birthday Song' is sung.
- This is the episode with the most references in the whole series.
- This is the first episode where Henry appeared happy in a costume. Peter still where's at the age of 7.
The transcript can be found here.
Status of Transcript: Missing
|Former video||Reason for removal|
|Horrid Henry Birthday Bonanza||This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.|