Horrid Henry's Underpants (episode)
2 June 2007 (Saturday)
Episode on Netflix
Horrid Henry's Underpants (episode) is the thirty-ninth episode in Series 1 and the 39th episode overall.
Horrid Henry accidentally wears a pair of Great Aunt Greta's underwear to school on the day that his friends are looking for revenge. Can Henry keep his trousers up all day?
The episode starts with Henry getting out of school and saw Ralph, Al, and Bert saying that it's payback time for him. Henry says that he can't stop, but they've got a score to settle. Then, there's flashbacks of Henry pulling Al's, Bert's, and Ralph's trousers, revealing their underwear. Ralph tells Henry it's his turn, and Al asks Henry, 'Yeah. Who's laughing now?', but Bert only says, 'I dunno.'. Henry claims Miss Battle-Axe and Miss Oddbod are coming this way, but after that trick doesn’t work, Henry says it's only his mum, which isn’t a lie. Mum tells him to hurry up and he pulls Ralph, Al and Bert's trousers again, revealing their boxers shorts. Henry says, 'Nobody catches Henry with his trousers down. NOBODY!!!', opening the title card.
Later in the house, Henry received a gift from Great Aunt Greta, and found out that it was pink underwear much to his disgust. Later, Margaret arrived to get her dungeon drinks kit from Henry, she never knew that he was hiding his pink underwear and fell off to the stairs and later got back her kit.
The next day, in class Ralph, Al and Bert told Henry that it will be payback time during break, but Henry makes faces at them but, fell off as Miss Battle-Axe reminds him to sit down as the class laughs at him and found out that he is wearing Great Aunt Greta's underwear and told Miss Battle-Axe that he will go to the toilet. Later, he got Peter and they went to the toilet to swap underwear but Peter refuses, causing Henry to transform into a gorilla but Tiny Peter laughs seeing that he's wearing the underpants. Henry puts his hand on the screen prevents the audience to see him. Then Miss Battle-Axe catches them, but not long after Henry hid the pink underwear Great Aunt Greta gave him as Peter tells her that his excuse about the dentist.
During art class, Henry was reminded by Ralph that it's almost lunchtime and is set to get back at him, then Margaret arrives and tells Henry to give her the yellow paint but Henry refuses. Margaret and Henry pull on the can of the paint, causing it to burst open and the paint to land on William's face causing him to cry very hard, Miss Battle-Axe told Margaret that she must stay in class for detention at lunchtime, blaming Henry who has an idea. Henry then broke the vase, but Ralph, Al and Bert try to tell Miss Battle-Axe that it was them, causing Miss Battle-Axe to send them all out of the class.
Later during lunch time, Ralph, Al and Bert failed to pull down Henry's pants with Bert accidentally pulling down Miss Battle-Axe's skirt (which he intended to pull Henry's trousers down) causing Miss Battle-Axe to send him to Miss Oddbod's office as a punishment. Later that afternoon, it's time for games. Miss Battle-Axe told Henry that he can wear the pink underwear that she found in the boy's toilet causing everyone to laugh, causing Henry to scream, 'Noooo!!!', ending the episode.
- Horrid Henry
- Perfect Peter
- Miss Battle-Axe
- Rude Ralph
- Aerobic Al
- Beefy Bert
- Moody Margaret
- Sour Susan
- Miss Lovely
- Lazy Linda
- Singing Soraya
- Brainy Brian
- Gorgeous Gurinder
- Anxious Andrew
- Weepy William
- Jolly Josh
- Greedy Graham
- Horrid Gorilla
- Mr Kill
- Miss Oddbod (mentioned)
- Great Aunt Greta (mentioned)
- Unknown Students
- This episode is the third time Dad was absent, after Horrid Henry's Sports Day and Horrid Henry's Time Machine.
- This is the third episode when Ralph became enemies with Henry.
- This is the first episode when Aerobic Al and Beefy Bert became enemies with Henry.
- Margaret should have just got the yellow paint from another table, as seen from other tables.
- When Peter's class are in the library, one of the students resembles Stuck-Up Steve.
There are currently 5 errors in the episode Horrid Henry's Underpants (episode). Update this count if you add or remove errors.
- When Beefy Bert pulls Miss Battle-Axe's skirt down, you can see that her underpants are on the outside of her tights as opposed to the inside.
- Miss Battle-Axe told Margaret she has to stay in the lunch break. However, in the next scene, Margaret can be seen talking to Susan.
- When Miss Battle-Axe told Henry he can wear Great Aunt Greta's underpants, everyone except Brian is laughing.
- When Henry says, 'Really?', in the background, Margaret's ponytail is the same colour as her hair.
- In the scene where Ralph says to Henry "Nearly lunchtime, Henry. See you outside", right before the scene changes, Margaret is doing her painting. But in the next scene Margaret is out of her seat without seeing her getting out of her seat to see Henry.
Differences from the book
- The pants are a bit different in the episode. In the book, they are described as being frilly, lacy, and decorated with glittery hearts and bows. In the episode, they are simply light pink and frilly.
- The people trying to debag Henry are different. In the book, it was Dizzy Dave, Tough Toby, and Rude Ralph. In the episode, it's Rude Ralph, Beefy Bert, and Aerobic Al.
- In the book, the episode starts off with Henry receiving the pants first thing. The episode, however, starts with Al, Ralph, and Bert all trying to debag Henry at the end of school, but they get stopped and Henry debags them all instead.
- In the book when Henry gets the pants, he's alone in his room. In the episode, Peter is in his bedroom as he delivers the package with the pants, and laughs at them.
- The reason Henry hides the pants in the book is because Ralph came over to play, but in the episode, it was Margaret coming over to get her Dungeon Drink Kit back.
- In the episode, Henry hid the knickers under his pillow. In the book, Henry hid them in his pants draw and didn't choose the pillow in case he and Ralph had a pillow fight.
- In the book, it was said that on the day Henry put on the knickers, a month had passed since he put the knickers in his drawer. In the episode, it's only the next day.
- The episode shows that the reason Henry found out about his pants is because he jokingly did it after Miss Battle-Axe asked if he had ants in his pants. In the book, it was because his pants were extremely itchy.
- In the book, Henry waits for break to check in the Lost and Found. In the episode, he simply asks to go to the toilet.
- The toddler pants Henry found in Lost and Found were blue in the book. They are white in the episode.
- When Henry decides to swap pants with Peter in the book, Peter is playing tag in the playground with Tidy Ted. In the episode, Miss Lovely is reading Peter's class The Three Little Pigs in the library.
- The reason Henry gets Peter to come with him in the episode is because Peter had a dentist appointment, which was a lie. In the book, it was Henry claiming he needed to talk to Peter about something top secret and private.
- In the book, it's Mrs Oddbod who finds Henry and Peter in the bathroom. In the episode, it's Miss Battle-Axe getting Henry because his time in the bathroom ran out.
- There is a plot in the episode that isn't in the book. In this plot, Henry's class is doing painting when Margaret goes over to Henry's table and says she needs the yellow, but Henry refuses to give it to her. This leads to an argument which results in Margaret being made to stay in at lunch. Henry then gets the idea to stay in, but Ralph, Bert, and Al all take the blame when Henry destroys a flowerpot.
- In the book, Henry simply doges his pursuers. In the episode, he gets Bert sent to Miss Oddbod's office.
The transcript can be found here.
Status of Transcript: Incomplete