You Horrid Boys! - Mr Soggington
Not to be confused with Soggy Sid, his book series counterpart.
Sidmouth Soggington (also known as Mr Soggington or Soggy Sid) is the tertiary antagonist who is the Physical Education (P.E.) teacher at Ashton Primary School. Despite being known as Soggy Sid, he has only taught swimming in one episode, Horrid Henry Goes Swimming, so his 'soggy' sobriquet likely refers to him being something of a drip. He is also the detention supervisor and undertakes caretaking/cleaning duties in a few episodes. Not many of the students at Ashton Primary seem to like him.
In some episodes, it's implied that he has a crush on Miss Battle-Axe in Horrid Henry and the Miserable Musical he has two tickets to see a musical and asks Miss Battle-Axe to go with him, and she gladly accepts. He is also a dance partner with Miss Battle-Axe.
Aidan Cook voices him.
Mr Soggington appears to have brown hair, unshaven stubble and pale skin. He is also quite muscular, hairy and broad. He is a bit of a bully, who appears to enjoy giving detention and being brutal to students for no real reason.
He wears a red running suit, whistle, and blue runners. When he is at the swimming centre in Horrid Henry Goes Swimming, he wears blue swim trunks with a red border and a whistle with a yellow string.
He appears to be very mean and impatient. He is also the school bully despite being an adult, and in Series 4, he hates Henry even more. If he tells somebody to do something, they will have to do it because of the amount of bullying power he has over them.
He is the tertiary antagonist of Horrid Henry: The Movie. In the movie, he is the bouncer for the talent show held at the school, checking for the Zero Zombies. Henry and the gang manage to fool him until Bert blows their cover. Though the band manages to hide before Sid can catch them, Brian tries to distract him. But it's not long before Ed Banger appears in the backstage room, Sid reveals to be a huge fan of him and shows him to the washroom (after he shakes hands with him which were most likely unsanitary). This buys the band plenty of time as they get ready to perform. Upon realizing that the Zero Zombies are playing, he attempts to shut them down by pulling the cord on Al's keyboard. But Vicky manages to bite him multiple times, subduing him. Due to failing his job, a sobbing Sid with now ragged trousers is fired on the spot. He wails to Henry, 'I hope you're pleased with yourself!' before crying some more.
He later comes back, in Too Cool for School, with vengeance and insanity on his mind, he tries to make Henry lose the challenge during the Bog of Doom by lowering the platform on which he is standing. Thanks to Margaret's quick thinking, Henry pulls the lever, propelling Sid on the exercise bike, leaving him unconscious.
- He appears to be crying in Horrid Henry and the Phantom Fish Filcher because he lost his fish.
- Even though he is the sports teacher, he was one of the only teachers absent in Horrid Henry's Sports Day. The only other teacher who was absent in this episode was Madame Tutu.
- in Horrid Henry Takes a Shortcut, he supported Henry and Ralph to win the cross country race against The Brick House Boys, and it appeared that Sid dislikes the Brick House Boys as he suspected they cheated, and they made excuses to why they lost in which Sid called them sore losers.
- He becomes much more brutal towards Henry in Series 4, which only increases in Series 5, where he even attempted to get Henry arrested in one episode.
- It is almost certain that Soggy Sid and Miss Battle-Axe are lovers, and possible that Miss Battle-Axe is secretly his girlfriend, but then they wouldn’t be able to reveal it as they are co-workers.
Guide to the Teachers of Horrid Henry
|Madame Tutu • Miss Battle-Axe • Miss Battle-Axe's Twin Sister • Miss Lovely • Miss Oddbod • Mr Nerdon • Mr Soggington • Rabid Rebecca • Vic Van Wrinkle • Wheely Walter|