Rabid Rebecca (a.k.a. Rancid Rebecca, known as the Bogey Babysitter) is a minor antagonist and is the toughest babysitter in town and is very strict. She once babysat Henry and Peter. Henry had a tough job getting rid of her. She is one of Henry's worst enemies.
Her debut appearance is in Horrid Henry and the Bogey Babysitter. She also appears in Horrid Henry and the Terrible Teacher as Miss Rancid, the substitute teacher, revealing her surname is Rancid, but she got fired at the end, alongside Horrid Henry's Smelly Stuff as a babysitter again, and Horrid Henry's Haircut as a hairdresser. She makes cameo appearances in Horrid Henry and the Football Fiend in the audience at the match and in Horrid Henry and the Killer Boy Rats in the audience at Ed Banger's concert, where she is shocked when Henry steals the microphone and sings into it. In Horrid Henry Alone at Home, she made another cameo appearance when Mum called her to babysit Henry but refused. In Horrid Henry's Big Breakfast, she watches Henry and his classmates singing on stage, which raises too many weird connotations.
Sue Elliott-Nicholls voices her.
Physically, Rebecca is taller than all the kids, and she is very beefy. She appears to have a purple mullet and pale skin. She has a pointy nose, very large teeth (described by Henry as 'teeth the size of icebergs') which are always visible even when her mouth is shut, and large red lips.
She has green, round earrings, an orange buttoned shirt with a red-brown skirt, green stockings, and black toecap ankle boots.
She tends to have pleasure in bullying the kids she babysits. She is known to be very bossy, but mostly bogey. Although she acts very tough, she is also seen as a coward whenever grown-ups catch her bullying younger kids.
- Many people hate her, including Miss Oddbod, when she saw her chase Perfect Peter for a meaningless reason. She also hates the whole of Henry's class especially as they cheered after she got fired.
- In Horrid Henry and the Bogey Babysitter, she appears to have arachnophobia, whereas in Horrid Henry and the Terrible Teacher, she isn't scared of spiders anymore, but she hates the song 'Frere Jacques' and gets annoyed whenever she hears someone singing or humming it.
- She appears babysitting Henry and Peter in Horrid Henry's Smelly Stuff (although she ran away when she saw the parents had beards) despite Mum and Dad saying they'd never let her babysit for them again in Horrid Henry and the Bogey Babysitter.
- In Horrid Henry and the Bogey Babysitter, Henry describes her as 10 feet tall to the police, with teeth like icebergs.
- She is studying to be a hairdresser, and when Mum hires her for Henry's haircut, Henry gets very scared as she sneers at him with scissors.
- In Horrid Henry Alone At Home, she is one of the people who declined to babysit Henry.
- She was formally the worst teacher Miss Oddbod has employed to her school since she hasn't taught Henry's class anything the whole day which Brainy Brian complained about (she is worse than Mr Nerdon as he at least taught Henry's class different subjects in Horrid Henry and the New Teacher and cared about their knowledge and well-being, despite despising them).
- She is evidently the most abusive character in the whole series.
Guide to the Teachers of Horrid Henry
|Madame Tutu • Miss Battle-Axe • Miss Battle-Axe's Twin Sister • Miss Lovely • Miss Oddbod • Mr Nerdon • Mr Soggington • Rabid Rebecca • Vic Van Wrinkle • Wheely Walter|